Why do you make my heart so warm?
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 390

His large hands produced a warm and gentle touch. They pressed gently down on her own dexterous paws and Hotaru drank in the warmth. Light brought her a happiness she never imagined and brought about desires she had long ago abandoned. The desires for the physical comfort of another, the desire to be intimate with someone, the desire to share her deepest feelings with an individual besides Fawkes. Can she, the blind wolf, become mates with a great hunter? Can she, a carver whose abilities were lost, even hope to take such a perfect mate? Hotaru had made up her mind to go forward with their relationship, but what gods or demons might oppose it? It was clear to her that someone on high or far below had a vendetta against her. Would they be so cruel as to take Light from her as well?

The soft lick on her cheek sent shivers down her spine. With a quick flip of her head, she returned the gesture and gave a shy smile. Hotaru was used to dealing with males, but that didn't mean it she was immune to Light's charms. Hotaru was glad to feel the male relax, the stiffness from their earlier conversation slowly melting away. "I have found a house within the pack lands, but I still don't feel like a full member yet. I fear they might not think I belong. Shawchert is always so nervous around me and he is the only one I have talked to on a regular basis. But forget about my troubles, they are but silly worries. What of yourself?" The grey wolf was eager to learn more about Light, and she would listen happily to his beautiful voice.

When Light pointed out the crude carving Hotaru nearly died of embarrassment. The stick was proof of how early she had arrived and how eager she had been to see the male. "Oh, there is nothing to forgive...it seems I was a little...fairly early. I was too restless for my own good." Hotaru griped Light's arm harder, her sadness resonating through her touch. "It is but a simple carving, and it is nothing compared to what I once did. Even though I know this, I still can't help but try." His soft thumb ran over her hand, reassuring her and giving her strength.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread