What dreams may come
[html]

Titania Moonsong
if nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies

There was a flash of annoyance when her father talked about old tidings. Did he really think she’d left the pack because she couldn’t take his punishment? Sure she had seen it as unfair and a complete overreaction, but she would never just abandon all of her family and her pack just because of a little argument with her dad. A streak of offence lanced her heart and she was about to react when she caught a flash of Zalen’s eyes. His look stopped the poison welling inside of her, soothing her and reminding her that it was alright. Shawchert was her father, not an enemy, and she needed to stop trying to fight with him all the time.

Her look softened again, the fire in her eyes cooling to something more sentimental. An ear had flicked toward Zalen when he told Shawchert about the pack. She was surprised, but there was no look of disbelief given in the girl’s eyes. The pack was a thing to be proud of, not to renounce. And if her mate and Alpha chose to tell her father about it she knew it was a good decision. Her eyes turned back to Shawchert to watch his reaction.

A small smile came to him and seeing that made Titania perk up, raising her countenance to look happy and proud. He didn’t make any direct comment about the pack, but the next thing he said was a compliment, to which she smiled. “I guess I take after my father in a few ways.”

Her tail twitched in a subdued wag and she took a few steps toward her father, showing budding tenderness with each step. She nose-bumped the tip of her father’s nose. “Let her know I’m okay, and that I’m in good paws. I promise after we’re done and settled I’ll come back to visit so she can see for herself… or even sooner if I can, but I wouldn’t bet on it. No more than a moon, I’m sure.” She glanced at Zalen for reassurance, then gave her father’s muzzle a loving lick.

“Will you give Mom and Juliet my love? I know this must be really hard on both of them.” She felt a little guilty about Juliet. She was the girl’s closest ally but now she was gone. Never mind the fact that she had also promised to introduce her to Zalen, but she never got the chance. “And I love you, too, Daddy.” She gave him another small nestle before prancing back over to Zalen, her tricolored tail curling over her back. She met him with a wag and a smile and another nudge, then glanced back to her father.

Word Count :: +400

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread