Discussion: When is it enough?
How do you know when it is time to drop a character? How long do you keep trying? What do you try first? Share your experiences! I think this could be helpful to some people, at least, even if it doesn't benefit much, since it's just a discussion, but I've been thinking about this for a while now.

I've been having a very hard time this year... obviously. I've been a pretty inconsistent, terrible RPer. However, I've been trying to get back into it. I'm not hanging out with the same people, I've started ignoring the court letters (man, you guys have like... 6 written reports. I shouldn't have to come in and do another just because HE skipped his court date), and I'm working on focusing my life on things that make ME happy, along with school obviously.

I've hit a snag, though. No matter how hard I try, I find it so difficult to write for Princess and Artemis, and it's been going on for a very long time now... Actually, it extends to Vigi, too, but right now, I'm mostly focusing on Princess. She is extremely difficult to write for and I think that by 'maturing' her (mate, children, etc) I've sort of... boxed myself in with her.

My biggest problem with dropping her and/or Artemis? I don't want to. That's it. I don't want to drop either of them, but I feel like trying to play them is hindering my writing ability. It's harder, too, because I have two characters I really want to play and I have a ton of ideas for them, they just exist there and desperately want to be written. I don't want to write them in Lasky or anything yet because they'll just... Take over my writing muse and it'll be even harder. On top of that, Princess will have to be dropped or NPCed for me to pick up one of those two characters, because she's in CdM.

So I'm feeling stuck and don't know what to do, so I thought that reading others' views might make it easier. I know some people cycle through characters pretty quickly and others, like me, never drop them... I'll have been a member for 3 years this upcoming May, and Princess was my first character here (so I especially don't want to drop her) and I've only dropped 1 character that wasn't a temp (poor dead Nala :c), and even then, I couldn't bring myself to kill Lolita lol.

Messages In This Thread