Discussion: When is it enough?
By giving Princess a mate and a family, you might have removed her conflicts. She doesn't have anything to strive for anymore, she doesn't have motivation anymore -- if her "endgame" was to end up with kids and a family, you've satisfied it wonderfully! Unfortunately, that leaves her with little muse. D:

The same thing happened to Kae, essentially. I love her and still do, and will play her again someday in the distant future, but last April, I couldn't even finish off her threads. o_o She had served her last as an Inferni leader, and she was now intended to just basically sit there and be old. Not extremely interesting as far as plotting and such goes, you know? XD

NPCing a character a while or dropping them or making them leave... meh. It isn't saying good-bye! You can always pick them back later, and I think it's a great idea to engage in these breaks with some characters. It just happens sometimes where they need a break from you and you need a break from them -- hopefully, in the interim time, you can figure out new motivations for your characters and it'll make them easier to play? c:

I think you are hurting yourself if you cling to characters. I would either throw them a curveball and try to bring about new motivation, or shelve them for a little while and see if that helps you out. c:

Messages In This Thread