Leave all your longing behind.
[html]

That sounds great! Big Grin Sorry for the babbling, again. Smile

Word Count → 840

If Shandom were more bold, or perhaps better acquainted with the pale fae, he would have asked her how, at such a young age, she felt the confidence to leave home and start her own pack. He could not imagine it was easy, to willingly leave one's family to create an entirely new life. The male was convinced that, if not for the horrible actions between Linquilea and himself, he would have stayed in Etienne forever. These lands reminded him of home in such a striking way, although he could not be sure whether or not it was the landscape or the four legged girl before him. Shandom struggled with the particular word he would use to describe her - woman or girl. In comparison to him, this wolf a child; she had not seen what he had seen, as the expanse of her life was not long enough to have permitted it. Then again, he could not profess to know her, though he was now rather acquainted with her scent. From there, he'd deduced that she was absolutely less than a year. Such a young female would have to be exceptional to start her own pack, and Shandom did not doubt she was special. Plus, any girl from these lands who could separate herself from what she'd been taught, and then go so far as to return to her natural instincts, must have something exceptional about her.

He listened quietly as she spoke, revealing a much more expansive knowledge of the area than he could claim. Shandom wasn't surprised - he was not from here, and she was born among these bizarre wolves. Then again, could he even call them wolves? The male was deep in thought as she spoke about the strangeness of the Court of Miracles, instead nodding and smiling sadly as he related to what she told him. She mentioned a name, and Shandom did not recognize it; that was not particularly surprising. He never made himself particularly well known in Cour des Miracles, although that was against his natural instincts. Shandom, though he might not ever want to be in charge of a pack again, was not one to be entirely useless. If he found a pack again - if he, perhaps, stayed in this land with this potentially upcoming pack - the pale male would certainly try and make more of a name for himself. Still, it would be rude not to respond, even if he were entirely lost in his own considerations. I cannot say I did, Miss Titania. I was not there long enough to make many friends. A bashful smile accompanied his statement. He hoped she did not find his polite titles strange; it was a sign of respect in Etienne, and it was naturally ingrained into the foreign wolf.

When Titania confirmed she and Zalen - he assumed this was her mate, and the Alpha Male of these lands - Shandom widened his smile and wagged his tail, though he was careful to keep it respectfully low. I am very glad to hear that, Miss, he smiled. I hope you do not find this disrespectful, as I certainly don't mean it as such, but you are remarkably wise for your youth. When I was your age, I doubt I could have reached such mature conclusions, nor left my family to find an entirely different life. He was quiet for a moment, and then shook his head. It did not do to dwell on the past. Your pack sounds unique, at least for these lands. I wandered for several days before settling on the Court to call a new home, and I did not see any packs that lived like our ancestors, as we were meant to do. So many of them act as humans - I do not understand the appeal. We aren't humans, and why would we want to be? I do not know many stories of them - I am better acquainted with the legends of our own race - but from what I know... Shandom trailed off, shuddering slightly. They were not something to idolize. I may be able to shift on to two legs, but I prefer my four paws..

She proposed looking at the lands, and Shandom liked the idea. He smiled and wagged his tail eagerly before nodding at her. At this point, he was no longer crouching as obviously; it would be uncomfortable to crawl along these mountainous lands. However, his tail was appropriately low, and his ears were flicked backwards against his white-furred skull. The male walked with his head awkwardly inclined to his good side, so as to further appreciate the beautiful mountain lands. It was not home - the mountains there were a little bigger - but it was more natural than Cour des Miracles. Shandom doubted he would be living in a hotel here. The pair trotted over the lands, Shandom slightly behind Titania, letting her lead him. It is lovely here, he said quietly. It reminds me of home.

<style type="text/css">
.shandomtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.shandomtree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#dadacd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PI9eI.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 395px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#141400; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.shandomtree .wordcount {color:#8ca822; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #141400; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#141400 -1px 1px 1px;}
.shandomtree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.shandomtree p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shandomtree p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread