clouds are spitting dust.
[html]

sswm 500

blah wrote this during class so it's awkward

Vesper was oddly comfortable talking with this woman—perhaps because she was a woman. Like any other breathing canine, she had her biases, and she was not afraid of being hypocritical, either. As arrogant as she was, she recognized certain flaws and didn’t bother to correct them. Despite not quite being particularly traumatized by them, she was less comfortable speaking with men and was more apt to assuming they were physical brutes rather than a creature who could relate to another on an intelligent level. Females could quickly prove the same, but like any fallible being, she was more willing to give a pretty face a chance.

Myrika spoke of the scouting rank, and mention of the horse made Ves flick her coyote-large ears. She supposed that the horse would make covering ground much easier, but she was too used to operating her own legs to ever consider learning how to command one of the smelly prey animals. “It would be convenient enough out in the open,” she said, knowing that she personally enjoyed wandering along the forest border where one of the large mammals wouldn’t be able to navigate as easily. Maybe she had a predisposition to that part of the territory because that was where she was found—or more likely because she had lived in the Dampwoods for a considerable amount of time since venturing over the mountains. Playfully, she tilted her head as if considering something new, and suggested: “A horse could also run over any trespassers.”

Sharp blue eyes followed the other’s movement, glancing at the building amongst the other sunken houses in the village. “You aren’t afraid of it collapsing?” she asked, brow furrowed. Living a feral lifestyle for so long, she found it hard to trust one of the rickety old structures that the humans had built unless there was no alternative. It was all too easy to imagine the roof or floorboards dropping and trapping her there. The schoolhouse looked to be in better shape than the others, and from her most recent experience Ves knew that it’d be warmer than the surrounding air—but she couldn’t help but be dubious.

Myrika acknowledged that she lived far away from the rest of the clan, and Vesper smirked, nodding. “Are you a hermit?” she asked, and though it might have been a mocking accusation coming from someone else, the coywolf was not one to talk. She’d joked about the same thing with Kiara, who’d been all too startled to find out that the jaded loner had found a pack.

She shrugged. “I live in the caves—a bit more natural.” She doubted that many wolves would say the same thing before the virus, but compared to the buildings that many luperci sought refuge in, a formation shaped by Mother Nature was preferable. “Fewer coyotes stay there, too—I guess I’m somewhat of a hermit myself.” She smirked lightly, dropped her gaze to the frost-coated road. “Living in a group has taken some adjustment.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread