clouds are spitting dust.
[html]

sswm 515

no. how dare you ramble during sosu. >:C

Laughter rang from the larger coywolf’s sienna-striped muzzle, and Vesper shifted her weight and smirked to hide the more-than-likely stupider-looking smile that threatened to crawl across her mouth. She nodded slightly at the other’s remark on horses running instead of fighting. In the same way she feared getting kicked by a horse she could fear getting kicked by a moose, but the tamed horses were generally comfortable enough around luperci to be more of a threat; they were less likely to run away on sight.

“Eira already almost ran me over once. I don’t care to meet her in battle.” The pale tawny hybrid flashed a grin to show that she wasn’t upset or otherwise berating her superior for the near-accident. She already felt awkward enough in this relaxed conversation without affronting Myrika.

The other woman described the house, explaining how it was less at risk than the others then mentioning her own preferences. Once again, she was proving different-minded than Vesper, but nothing that made the more feral coywolf feel alienated; this was a far cry from the preaching of lifestyle superiority. “Yeah, close quarters don’t suit me much either…” Her blue eyes fell to the red-ankled paws shuffling slightly, but she went on without further pause. “The caves are, luckily, less crowded than the mansion—or at least in the half that I chose. The tunnel goes so far back that I can forget anyone else lives there.”

Her mention of being raised in a cottage made her nod again, feeling like a bobble head by this point but not caring. “I was born—” She paused, drew her tongue over her lips as if she could wipe away the emotions that her words would stumble over on their way out of her mouth. “I was born non-luperci. I was raised in a field, in the woods, once in an old barn when the weather was especially bad.” Her ears turned backwards, and she wondered what Myrika’s reaction to that would be. It was obvious enough that Vesper lived a more feral existence than others in the clan, perhaps, but then again Inferni was less domesticated than many of the packs in Nova Scotia. She didn’t feel too different here.

Her eyes widened with obvious interest when Myrika mentioned building a humanlike dwelling of her own. “That makes sense,” Vesper agreed, her tail wagging lightly. “I don’t mind implementing some human things in life; otherwise, why would we be able to? I don’t want to give up the old ways, but I’m not too much against change… Makes me think I need a door or something for the entrance to my cave.” She grinned slightly, finding it oddly interesting to speak about their differing views. Maybe it was because Myrika was honest without flaunting her beliefs. Despite Vesper’s arrogance and inclination for certain prejudices, she was not a creature of such radical extremes as to be preachy and rude, and it was nice to find someone else on middle ground too. Or maybe she was just really desperate to make a good impression.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread