clouds are spitting dust.
[html]

sswm 412

aaawwwkwaaarddd.

Myrika mentioned lonesomeness, and the scrawnier coywolf shrugged lightly while simultaneously resisting the urge to mumble a promise to visit her. “I’m sure you’ll find more people stumbling along the village sooner or later,” she said instead, a mischievous grin scrawling sideways across her angular face. Her tail danced lazily behind her. “I can spread rumors of a ghost that lives out this way, maybe. Though I would personally like the peace and quiet; guess I’m just used to being alone.” She spoke this last statement casually, no weight behind it that would suggest this was a bad thing. She still had a firm conviction that being separated from society would have no real ill effects on her, or at least nothing she couldn’t adapt to again.

The reassuring smile flitting across the female’s small muzzle surprised Vesper, and she stared at Myri with ears askew before chuckling softly at her clumsy conclusion. “Yeah, non-luperci are very rare except in the most secluded pockets of wilderness. It gives you a different outlook on life, that’s for sure.” She could not help but grin faintly in relief and gladness to know that her strangeness wasn’t a bad thing in this case, merely “interesting.” She lifted a shoulder in another shrug. “I used to think you guys were…interesting too,” she said lightly, taking a seat on the cracked pavement of the road.

It was adorable when the larger coyote grew flustered, and Ves sat with the same smirk hovering on her lips before her ears tilted toward at mention of the pelts. “Oh—that would be pretty cool,” she replied uncertainly, tail twitching an awkward dance in the frost. “Would definitely help keep the cave warm in the winter. I mean, I don’t know how much I’ll be able to contribute on my end since I’m generally clueless about that kind of stuff, but… I’d like it.” She grinned crookedly then rose onto all fours, the fidgeting movement contained to her ears and tail now rushing through the rest of her scarred body.

“We can—maybe go look for a pelt now?” she suggested tentatively. “So you don’t have to use one of your own; we could maybe scout around as per our actual jobs and nab an animal if we come across it. Would be nice to eat something more than mice today, too.” The slow wagging did not stop even though it made her awkward posture and expression that much more awkward.

<style type="text/css">
.vesparrow b {font-weight:bold; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow t {font-style:italic; color:#c68e58; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #FFFFFF; }
.vesparrow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vesparrow {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#dfc4a8; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2iqoilg.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #827262; border-radius:30px; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#827262; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.vesparrow .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread