clouds are spitting dust.
[html]

Despite her embarassment, Myrika couldn't help but grin a lopsided smile at Vesper's words. Well, if they think it's haunted, maybe they won't come out my way, the woman said, her grin and wagging tail evidence enough of the jest she made. Most of the time being alone is good -- it helps me get work done, anyway, she said, shrugging and intent on carrying the conversation on as normal. If she dwelled on her slip-up, it would only make things more apparent and worse. But sometimes -- it's nice having a friend. It depended entirely on the friend -- Myrika would love to have Halo, Ezekiel, or Vesper drop by her home, but she might not have appreciated a visit from someone more like Ithiel. She couldn't imagine enjoying his company.

Diversity makes the world go 'round, she said, misquoting some forgotten source. The reddish coyote was more firm in her refusal of a reciprocal offering from Vesper, shaking her head and smiling. No, think of it as a gift, she insisted. Then, she considered, and added something more. Well, I mean. If you insist on trading something for my time, then -- come visit sometime, the hybrid said, shrugging. This offer was made unabashedly, for there was nothing particularly odd about packmates spending time together -- it was no more and no less than they were doing now, after all.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread