Help with characters and stuff?
I can only tell you that I've felt, too, that the characters I have dropped have been "ruined". However I know that most of this is because I lost my muse and found the characters boring personally, hence dropping them. The characters I've dropped have been ruined to me, mostly, seeing as I could no longer post with them. But I don't think others felt the same way about them. Perhaps this is a lack of muse or guilty conscience speaking? I know pressure to post fast, or other aspects of the community, can be tiring, and this could lead to enhance your troubled feelings?

Either way, don't be so hard on yourself Smile I also think that character development is one of the hardest things about roleplay, and I struggle with it frequently. In the end, though, I just have to go with what I think is cool, but brainstorming in RA or the chat has helped me so many times! My favorite part of 'Souls is that everyone here write and get a little better with every post. I learn something new all the time, and looking back on characters and posts I've made embarrasses me because much of it is rubbish to me Tongue When speaking to people, these feelings about their past posts seem to be mirrored by pretty much everyone, so you're not alone here with feelings about past failures. However most of my own "failures" were not noticed much by anyone but myself, so I just try to hink of it as signs of progress Smile

Messages In This Thread