thin ice
[html]

353 words.

The feral male had a strange way of speaking, Artemis noted very quickly. There seemed to be pauses between the words, punctuating the dialogue with spaces that held a tangible, thick meaning. The girl did not know what to make of him now, though she had thought nothing of him at the ceremony between her brother and Giselle. His gaze made her feel a bit uneasy, like he was studying her and seeing through her, looking at more than she wanted him to. It unnerved her something terrible, and she was rather thankful for the bit of distance between them that the nearly-frozen lake forced on them, no other option available unless one or both of them made an effort to be closer. Perhaps that was the way she lived her life, though, and not just because of the lake.

"I have a few siblings in the pack," she said, thinking of each of their faces in turn, a brief picture show in her mind. There were two dark, studious faces, one black and one a mottled brown. These were the faces of her brothers. There was a timid face with brown fur and sea green eyes. This quiet face belonged to Cambria. There was the pale face of Amata with her bicolored eyes. The cinnamon and sugar features of Parker came to mind last. "Savina is my mom, and Kansas is my dad." The declaration was tinted with the faint Italian accent she had picked up from her mother and aunt and uncle. There was pride, as well, of being the Consul's daughter. She loved her family.

She had not been raised without manners, though he nature tended to be more blunt than any of her more diplomatic siblings. "It's nice to meet you, Thoirni. You're new here, right?" Artemis knew most of the pack's members, despite her self-imposed isolation, and had only seen him for the first time recently, which led her to believe she must be correct. "I like coming here," she said, referring to the lake. "I'm sad it will freeze." It had been her steady place, the lake.

<style type="text/css">
.missatrans001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.missatrans001 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.missatrans001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.missatrans001 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... cstars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread