Strength in Numbers
[html]
Damn Shannon you make me write a lot! / + 493

The still nameless male asked if Soran wanted to return to the old ways just as Zalen did and he nodded, I believe so, I believe the strangeness of the past war has worn her thin and she lusts for the natural life. It is more difficult seeing those you love fall under the knife rather than under the claw like nature intended. He had never considered this until now, but it made perfect sense. The time before last when he had spent time with his mentor, she had told him of the horrors of the war, of the stress of it, of the devastation and meaninglessness of it all. These wars did not happen in the packs he had known, the only reason to fight was to defend ones territory or claim new ones for a growing pack. Fighting over members leaving like the Aniwaya and Crimson Dreamers had was foolish.

The male then shifted suddenly, lifted his head in such a way that caused Zalen to flick his tail in agitation. It was strange this sudden change in demeanor and Zalen supposed the male might be testing him, to see if he had what it took to be an Alpha or he was just blowing smoke. Zalen let out a low and warning growl in his chest and he raised himself up to full height again, ears held forward and erect and tail straight with his spine. In this position he looked nearly twice his normal size, it was a feat for the silver male was nearly his size if not larger.

He looked the man straight in the eyes, though it was not a threat more than a show of complete steadfastness, The “old ways” as you call them to me are nothing but natural, as wolves we are born with them. I do not need to implement rules and laws as these other packs do, it is knowledge that come in the birth blood. He let a large canine tooth reveal itself and he shook his head in frustration, not at this male but at the erroneous ways of the other packs, The true wolves will come to us, once they realize what the rest of the clans of Nova Scotia offer. They will come in flocks, I know it. Dogs and coyotes will come too I’m sure, but they are not wolves and will not be accepted. Respect, loyalty and the bond of family will keep us together, just as our ancestors before us. Like one we will sleep, eat, and play together; there is no other way. Zalen shook himself, fur fluffing in the wind and then he sat, still in a dominant stance. He had realized in the instant that the male had questioned his authority that had they been on his territory he would have pushed him down and made his dominance clear; this thought invigorated him, and he somewhat wished Titania had been here.

<style type="text/css">
.zalentar002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#905549; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a100b; }
.zalentar002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalentar002 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#6a4a44; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1198jz7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967063; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalentar002 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalentar002 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread