Strength in Numbers
His eyes shimmered slightly as Zalen gave him the information he wanted to hear. The old ways were not dead yet it seemed in the new generation, rather just dormant in most. To see that there were still some who believed that the way of the luperci was not the way of the wolf soothed his soul as he listened quietly. The answers he received, the truth of the war and the changes to the more humanistic life were things that Thoirni had feared often, for the change would mean leaving behind what was their right by birth, by tradition, blood and pride. He had nothing to say though in response just yet as he turned his sapphire hued orbs to watch the male before him.

It seemed that the blood of an alpha did indeed run through his veins, and while having the blood of an alpha did not make you the next leader it was something to be proud of and would help the male down the path he was choosing. Thoirni watched with searching, knowing eyes as the body language of the other changed suddenly with the subtle challenges that the Siondaite male brought to the table. He was not offended when Zalen showed himself to be the bigger male, instead a slight smile broke across his maw as he relaxed and shifted himself into a slight submissive stance, letting the leader of this new pack know that he had proven his worth to him.

He couldn't help but chuckle, knowing that in a way it was rude, but he had yet to swear himself to another, and Zalen had in a way amused him. Thoirni had come so far to escape the pack he had belonged to only to find himself begging for the life he once knew. He turned towards the other male as the chuckling subsided. "Alright, you have me. Once I thought I was leaving the old ways behind, but I believe I just needed to find new blood.." His eyes turned dark for a moment as he mentioned the one thought that had surfaced in his mind. "You know though, having the blood of leaders running through one's veins.. does not make one a leader." He looked off in the distance towards the north where Zalen claimed to be creating his new stance on the pure ways. His voice was soft as he added. "But.. having the heart of one just might.." A slight smile crept upon his lips as he let the male take the insight as he saw fit.

Messages In This Thread