Reflection
[html]

That table is amazing, kept distracting me with its prettiness when I was trying to write =3

Word Count → 360

Neela's ears perked up at the sound of somebody calling from behind her but otherwise she let off little indication that she had noticed the stranger's presence; she just plain wasn't in a very sociable mood at the moment. Unfortunately for her a few seconds after the stranger had called out there was another tug on the line. Once again Neela's hand shot out to match the movement, but now with a fish on the line Neela was going to have to turn around, so there was little point pretending further ignorance.

With a small heave of her free arm she pushed herself up into a cross-legged sitting position, looking over at the approaching male while her hands absent-mindedly reeled in her catch, wrapping the fishing line around her leather clad finger."Hey there," her voice, much like her mood, was listless as she looked over the pale yellow canine, noting the basket in his arms and the odd hat on his head, which he was tipping as some sort of greeting.

Figuring that if she was going to talk to the stranger she might as well try and be at least a little sociable Neela forced herself to smile at the wolfdog, and while her voice was closer to her usual tones when she spoke next both it and her smile were still noticeably forced, "The name's Neela, i'm from Ichika no Hoen up north." Grynn had gone hunting and wouldn’t return for some time most likely so Neela didn’t bother to introduce the falcon like she normally did, especially since her attention was caught by the fish she had caught finally being lifted out of the water.

Neela kept her eyes on the stranger as she worked with the fish, quickly removing the hook she took a moment to examine the fish, which was a silvery colour and a lot smaller than what she could expect to catch while at sea, before it joined its fellow above the fire and her hand flicked sideways, returning the hook and float to the river. Neela didn’t speak anymore, instead she just sat with her head cocked, wondering what the stranger wanted.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread