Reflection
[html]

p>

Word Count → 318

Neela nodded at Wayne's explanation of his pack, she explained, shaking her fur lightly as she did so to try and dislodge some of the sand that had worked its way into it while she had been lay down.

Neela's ears parked up slightly as the subject of fishing came up and her tone as she spoke was much more lively and close to her usual mood, "A basket? Don’t think I've ever seen one of those used for fishing before. Prefer a trawl net on my boat or a float and hook myself." Neela peered at the basket, trying to divine how it might be used to catch fish, "Maybe if it was a bit bigger you could dip it in a fast river like a net or something? Though I don’t think a lasso would do much good either" Neela voice lifted slightly at that last sentence and a splash of humour evidenced itself in her tone, accompanied by a slight grin that crept up one side of her muzzle.

Tilting her head to the side Neela looked at Wayne, considering him for a moment before sighing, "Sorry bout ignoring ya at the start, been having a crappy day so far." Her apology said Neela decided to move back along happier lines of conversation.

"You ever tried hook fishing? I've got a load of extra hooks and lien if you want to give it a go." Neela offered, hoping to make up for her earlier rudeness. Plus she was telling the truth about having extra hooks and line; evidently there hadn’t been that much interest in fishing among the Ichikan's as Neela had found an almost untouched fishing store while exploring and taken the opportunity to ferret away some surplus fishing equipment.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread