Reflection
[html]

Sorry for the shitness but i'm in a bit of a block recently.

Word Count → 301

A wide, proud smile spread onto Neela's face as the subject of her boat was brought up, her pride plainly evident from her body language, "Yeah, the Meria Lea I call her. Designed her myself and oversaw the building, had a team of us working to get it done. Took nearly two years but it was worth it in the end." Here Neela gave a sly smile, her eyes sliding shiftily to the side in an overexaggerated play, "Technically she's the Meria Lea III but well, the less said about the first two the better." Neela grimaced and made a breaking apart motion with her free hand.

So, it seemed that the fish here did taste nice, for all her joking Neela had actually been using Wayne as a taste tester. While she generally liked fish she had learned that not everything from the sea tasted nice; Neela still shuddered when she thought of the time she had been coerced into trying octopus.

Neela gave an idle nod when Wayne reached for the bait but didn't say anything, concentrating on hooking some bait onto her own hook and recasting it, though she did answer his next question. "Not particularly long, maybe a month or so. I was sailing up north and kinda drifted into Ichika by accident. I didn’t have anywhere in particular to be and no family that still care for my presence so I stayed." Neela successfully kept her voice nonchalant through her speech, successfully stifling the emotions associated with the tale by keeping her words as vague as possible.

The hook flew through the air, landing back in the river with a barely audible splash. Her concentration now free Neela shifted her eyes back over to Wayne, "So, what about you? You been around these parts for long?"

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread