Wish upon a star, squire!
[html]

and liek a month later...I finally reply. word count; 421

Frodo couldn't help but let out a cheeky snort at Ahiga, due to the way the young lad pretended he knew half of what Frodo was going on about. The curly-furred male smirked, eyes twinkling, for it was just a bit of fun. Really though, there was no chance anything could go wrong. It was a calm and carefree day, the hunt was already good in the pack, and so it didn't matter if they failed. Just a bit of fun. Though Frodo was still determined they would catch something, and catch something soon. Sending one more sneaky smirk in the aim of the white boy next to him, Frodo spurred his horse on with his heels, until they were just at the edge of the herd, out of site, but perhaps not out of mind.

The dark male cocked his head to listen to the boy's explanation. Turned out he did have a brain, after all. Or at least had been brought up with the right sort of guardians. If my jammy dodgers are true, you're makin' some sense, pansy. he cooed, baring a single fang as he admired the cow with the wounded shoulder. Wolves were not wild animals, to be hunted down like they had by humans in the past. They did not hunt for fun, but to survive. Though Frodo got a thrill out of hunting, he always made sure to pick off the sick or weak who would not live much longer anyway. They cast out the sick and made way for the healthy. That was what wolves were for. I bring my 'orse on its left side, inbetween the herd and the cow. You go on it's right, trapping it from escape. Drive it away. Then try an' make the kill. if Ahiga hadn't plunged his spear in after a certain time, Frodo would kill it with an arrow. But he was wanting to give the boy a chance to prove himself, first.

NOW! He suddenly shouted. They were close enough that the herd, when startled, wouldn't have a chance to get away. Frodo set off at a gallop, weaving to the left side and cutting off the cow from the protection of the herd. He whooped and hoped Ahiga was on it's other side. Whether he was or was not, the cow started running straight anyway, which was the whole plan. Frodo ran by its side, a little behind it, urging the cow on, separating it, and alive with the heat of the hunt.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread