easy pickings
[html]
Wrap with your post and I'll close this? :>

There was so much to be gained from a single life. Siv had no mercy in her, save for her daughter alone. To live with empathy was to live with weakness; she culled these things from her life as was the way of the Hearg. By destroying the need for others she had ensured her own safety. A great stone wall was formed around her, and from atop it she stood and watched all—her observations of life and its ways had made her magic all the more potent. By controlling the landscape with reason, she was able to blind the flickering candle of doubt with talk of her shadowy world. Magic was a lie; because she knew it as this, its truth was all the more powerful.

Siv hoisted the seal up, testing its weight. It was not as heavy as she had imagined, but still large enough to give her concern for the number they could carry. She lowered it to the sand. “I believe I can carry three without hindering myself,” she said, keeping in mind her need to not drag the hides. “If you can bring one, it will be yours. What would you like? You are a medic, yes? A bag might suit your needs.” Siv rose, turning her attention down to the shore. Dark nostrils flared as she took in the salty scent of the animals, curious as to how often such a gift was delivered to the shore.

Repay treachery with lies

<style type="text/css">
#sivtext { min-width:500px; font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; }
#sivtext p { text-indent:0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-peft:0px; }
#sivtext .ooc { float:right; text-align:right; font-style: italic; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread