To Soar
[html]

Word count: 432

Leichi stifled a laugh when the she wolf tripped and fell over when his hawk swooped down in front of her face. He didn’t want to laugh,’ it would’ve been rude and mean. He decided to just stay quiet, that is until the wolf asked a question about his off-centered eyes. He looked sharply down at the ground and mumbled softly to her.

“I was born with them that way,” he muttered pensively.

He remembered that time when the older wolves from his old pack had caused him to leave for making fun of his eyes all the time. Since then he had always been much more sensitive about his eyes. But if it weren’t for his wall eye, he would never have met Timmy that snowy day almost a year ago. Timmy flew in closer to the she wolf and stared her down hard.

“I said no make fun! You no be mean,” she ordered.

Timmy, at times, seemed even more sensitive to the way people talked about his eyes than Leichi did. She was very overprotective of her best friend’s feelings. Leichi kicked the sand gently and held his hands behind his back. After his best friend spoke, he walked over to the pile of colorful shards and sifted through them.

“What’s your favorite color? I might be able to find it in here,” he asked without turning around.

As he sifted through the colorful shards, one of them was point a bad way, and it got lodged in his paw. He yelped in pain and quickly pulled it out, wincing as he jerked it. He shook his paw and then started to laugh, staring at the small amount of blood on the shard. He turned and looked at the wolf, a large, amused smile on his face.

“I’m guessing you don’t want that one?” he chuckled.

Then, without warning, Timmy swooped over and carefully grabbed the shard from Leichi’s paw. As she flew over the cold lake, she unclenched her talons and let the shard fall with a plop into the water. She flew back over and landed on Leichi’s head, nodding with contentment.

“Bad shard gone now. No more blood,” she declared. Leichi laughed at his best friend then looked back at the other wolf.

“So what’s your name? I’m Leichi,” he asked warmly. He looked up at his hawk, silently giving her some sort of cue. The hawk narrowed her eyes and was very serious.

“Me Timmy!” her head went up and her eyes closed in a superior sort of way. Yep, that was his best friend.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread