Affilation Kinetic
[html]

The ground trembled like a minor earthquake, but Caprica knew hoofbeats when she heard them. Turning from side to side, she eventually spotted the approaching triad. She'd met a horse before, a hulking beast she'd ridden with his master. She'd thrown up after that, but it hadn't been the horse's fault, just some suspicious water she'd drunk. There were horses in Anathema somewhere too, but regrettably she hadn't yet made it into that particular cavern. These were very different to Saul's steed. They were light on their hooves, with relatively chiseled faces, and whipping manes and tails. One was riderless, and the other carried a male of varying but mainly dark hues. They were heading for her it seemed, an assumption proven when they pulled up and the wolf leaped down, to Caprica's appreciative flashing-toothed grin. "Quite a show," she commented. They had looked impressive, running together, and they had moved faster than she would have expected. Both wore the funny-looking harnesses that seemed to be designed for riding. "But you've lost your friend! - the brown one's rider," she couldn't help point out, wondering if they had fallen or been abandoned, not understanding the way to train a horse was to give it time to get used to new things. The male had mentioned her mother then, and Caprica's green eyes lit up. So he was a friend - more than that, he was an ally, if he knew her mother. That was about all the sense she could make from his comment, having especial trouble with the word 'orientar'. She felt more and more uneducated by the day - everybody she met seemed to know words she did not. "I'm her wise orientar, of course," she answered drily as she shook his hand, hoping this joke would cause him to explain. "It's nice to meet you Frodo. How'd you know my mother?" Unwittingly, of course, she'd revealed herself immediately. "I ain't cold. Betcha those horses are warm enough after their run. You could try carrying them instead for a while - you'd soon be sweating!"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread