Let's not play pretend.
[html]

word count: 520 Sorry for not replying sooner. I had a lot of Christmas stuff going on.

He saw the canine’s tense and protective posture as she cradled her cat, realized Timmy was perched on his shoulder, and soon realized what was going on. He held his hand up to his hawk for her to perch on his hand instead where he would have more control over her, hoping that that would help ease the girl’s conscience.

“Don’t worry. She won’t hurt your cat. She’s used to being around other creatures,” Leichi explained. The hawk narrowed her eyes at the wounded cat in anxiety, hoping she could resist the instinct to swoop down and claw the cat’s throat so she could have it for her next meal.

“I no hurt cat. Cat do nothing to me,” she stated in a broken high speech.

The girl had taken up the offer for his help and asked him in very few words to go find alcohol. He nodded and proceeded down to the old cellar. When he reached the bottom of the steps, he started to panic. It was dark and eerie. He wasn’t comfortable at all down there, but he wouldn’t let his fears get in the way of helping an animal in desperate need. He searched through the piles of goods on the floor, but could not find any alcohol. His hawk had perched on his shoulder and was looking around the room as well.

Her sharp eyes caught what her fearful friend didn’t. She saw a faint glimmer in the far corner of the room. The little light that did come into the cellar was shining off of a sort of bottle hidden slightly in the corner of the room. She flew over and landed on the floor searching for the shiny object. She soon found a bottle filled with a sort of liquid not yet opened, grabbed it in her talons, and flew over to Leichi. She flew in front of his face, swinging the bottle in her talons for him to grab. She let go of the bottle just as Leichi grabbed it. He pulled the cap off and sniffed it. It had a strong smell to it even when it has been stored down there for years. Out of stupid curiosity, he pressed the bottle to his lips and took a sip. He immediately spit it back out. If he remembered his old friends describing that taste, then this had to be some sort of alcohol.

He ran back up the steps, being careful to make sure he didn’t spill any of the alcohol. His hawk flew over him and perched on an old chair that was pushed in at an old dining table. Leichi rolled his eyes playfully at his friend.

“You’re always one step ahead of me, aren’t you?” he asked, remembering how she had found the bottle. The hawk looked up at her best friend and narrowed her eyes.

“No. Always one wing ahead. I no feet. Stupid wolf!” she closed her eyes and shot her head in another direction, acting like she was some queen. Of course. Leichi looked back over at the cat lying on the ground. He hoped the poor thing would be okay.

<style type="text/css">
.leichit b {font-weight:bold; color:#59d2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit t {font-weight:bold; color:#4a210d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#11321e 1px 1px 1px;}
.leichit .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leichit p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leichit {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#589a46; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hfDRG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #11321e; border-radius:10px; padding: 450px 0px 2px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#11321e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread