Last kiss
((WC:3+ Sheesh. Drama queens, the both of them.))

Her words were a slap in the face. "There's no Rhiannon. There's no great deity." Granted, they had never discussed their personal beliefs. Still, that she would openly belittle his belief galled him. He stared at her, his eyes cold sharp points. He held the little skull tighter to him. His own hurt and rage poured out of him.

"For generations the Rhiannon family has honored the Goddess Rhiannon, Sky. Rhiannon took my mother from the clutch of death and returned her to Soran. Rhiannon only grants that which a wolf asks for. She does not give what is not earned. Tameri was never presented properly, never taught to honor her. Rhiannon protected Liam and myself from perishing in the blizzard along with Brighid. Rhiannon brought you and I together at a time we both needed someone to love. Rhiannon blessed us with the litter you are carrying. If you want to see Tameri again, you need to let me return her to the ground, to perform the rituals to ease her spirit along the way. The rituals will not work if she is not buried properly, you childish fool."

Yes, he had said it, he had called his mate a child and a fool. The open claw marks from her slap dripped blood onto the tiny skull, staining his fur in small patches.

His voice trembled with rage as he stepped towards his mate, his ears back as if he would physically snap at her any moment. "Liam is tainted. The insanity his mother carried was too strong. I failed him, just as I failed to protect Tameri. Let me do right by her now, Sky."

Her movement to hold her slightly swollen belly wasn't unnoticed. However it was misinterpreted. In Tal's grief stricken mind, he saw her movement as protecting the pups from him. His eyes narrowed, his face turning away from her, his form trembling with suppressed hurt and anger. And then he snapped, his head flying up, his eyes wild. "I am not like Lucifer, damnit! I will not harm you or our pups! Now, fucking move!"

Messages In This Thread