Last kiss
[html]

The Witch Doctor
Burn like the fire that scorches me inside.
Burn like the devil that's hidden here beside.
Shut out the world and let it all come to an end.

She didn't watch him go. Stubborn pride kept her eyes on the ground, ears pinned. As his scent faded into lingering plumes, she knew he'd left. "...what have you done now, Sanja?" She murmured, turning to go back inside but pausing at the post. One less skull. No Tammy.

"She'll move on, Sky. What Taliesin's done has no change in what will come to be. Listen." Sanja whispered, keeping his dark voice soft in her ears. She turned her head to the sky and sure enough, her mate's anguished howl filled the air. She wanted to return the sound but no voice could be found. "Show no weakness. We're on our own now, Sky. He won't be back."

The thought made her stomach turn and she lurched over the side of the deck's railing, vomiting what was left of her dinner. After a few dry heaves, she whimpered and knelt there, hands gripping the railing above her tightly, claws digging into the worn wood.

"...why won't... why won't anyone ever stay..." She murmured, voice choked with tears.

"They're fools. They don't see the treasure they hold in you. Let them wander. You got what you wanted out of him, anyway."

"Shut up."

Silence. Only the sounds of the winter's night reached her now. If anyone were awake from the yelling, they were ignoring it. There was nothing anyone could do when two mates fought.

Sky was glad that, for once, no one would come to her rescue.

"Momma?" A tiny voice, tired and not quite canine. Fella. The little bobcat sat in the doorway, eyes gleaming in the starlit darkness.

She forced a smile. "What are you doing downstairs? It's too late. Go back to bed."

"Where's Taliesin?"

"He went to visit a friend in another pack. He'll be back in a few days. Go on, now. I'll be up in a moment."

"...kay." The kitten turned to hop up the stairs, too tired to bother asking anymore questions. He'd heard the yelling, the fighting, the wretching sound his 'mother' made. But her smile was reassuring. She'd been sick the first few days of her belly growing. Maybe that's all it was?

It left Sky alone on the porch, now turned to sit on the staircase. For hours she sat there, not daring to move, hoping he'd come back. Hoping that Sanja was wrong for once.

"...damn you, Rhiannon. If you exist... you've stolen away every piece of my family. My mates. My children." She growled, teeth flashing in the darkness. "Damn you, undead witch. If you ever take hold in my home again, I'll burn every last piece of your existance. You hear me!?"

"I'LL BURN YOU!" Enraged howl filled the early morning sky, signalling the end of her greiving. Tameri was dead. Taliesin was gone. Liam was a traitor, a demon. She still had her pups and her Fella to worry about, though. Her place in the pack. There would always be those in need of protection and she'd be the one to give it.

WORD COUNT :: 000 || Aaand a good place to end the thread. :3 Dramaomnom.

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread