at night.
[html]
I realised I follow some other timeline in my head XDD But it's okay, backdated is just fine for me ^_^

I guess I'll bleed in silence

Lubomir knew she was right. Still, he put on a reluctant expression as he slid down the tree trunk to finally rest. It was good to get the weight off his hind legs, to feel solid ground under him and not swoon. Yes, Tayui had been right to say the things she had said. But he was stubborn. He almost had a right to be, as strange as it sounded. She had not been there, to see them fight. No, that was selfish, of course she hadn't been there. Who knew what other pack member could have been chased by SteelRose? Tayui herself, or Pilot. Would they not have stood their ground? He had done it for Ember, partly, and for Mew. And for himself. That selfish attitude may have have Skoll's life, but it had also shown him just how much of a warrior he wasn't.

He closed his eyes, trying to remember everything and make order in his thoughts. 'I am not entirely sure what started it. Mew, of Dahlia de Mai, spoke of an attack from Asphyxia Holocaust, which led to her losing her puppies. I met Haku Soul, also. Asphyxia refused to speak to me, so I pressed her no further. As far as I can understand from this, Asphyxia's attack was the cause of the war.' He did, of course, have to agree that some parts were missing in the story. He had taken so much pity on Mew that he could not dare ask her why exactly she'd been attacked in the first place. At the time, the grief of her loss had hit him straight in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. He knew, now, that perhaps giving his word so carelessly would have made them think he was speaking for Shadowed Sun. Lubomir couldn't quite remember if he'd given his word or the pack's word. Either way... 'Lady Tayui, I gave Mew and Haku Soul my word that I would help them if they came and asked. And now, I cannot tell for sure if I gave my personal word. Or the pack's. I very much doubt I did, because I know we are not fighters, we are learners, but my lady, I gave my word.'

Lubomir looked away, ashamed. He realised now that perhaps this was all palaver, that they should really be talking about the war. But Tayui seemed to believe that this war concerned only those involved. Lubomir knew he should agree. What Inferni and Dahlia de Mai did was solely their problem. As long as Shadowed Sun were not directly attacked, a position of neutrality was for the best. Still, he needed to know. 'Lady Aston, who do we have the strongest ties with here? Inferni or Dahlia? The coyotes could attack our pack, yes, but are we not turning our backs on the wolves of Dahlia?' He felt so weary of this. Why could he not have the days of the Old Country back?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread