slip stitch with broken strings
Words: 651
[html]

It sent warm tingles to her very spine to hear him laughing at the notion of disconcerting a newcomer. Some leaders would have taken hurt, personal offence, or become angry and consider the joining person disrespectful. Strelein was amused, which was really the best way to react to Augustus, in Caspa's experience. The irreverent tailor just didn't seem to care what anybody thought: always confident and eyecatchingly colourful in manner and appearance. Silently admiring, the blank and monosyllabic dog could only stand quietly, lifting her eyes a little for fear of staring. His own followed shortly, but he seemed to be indicating the ceiling. Was Strelein invoking a heavenly presence to take note of his own altruistic actions - he did not seem like the religious type, so perhaps he was seeking out someone else. Why, oh why, she wondered bitterly, could she not stop observing in great detail his every movement - even more intently than she did with everybody else. It was darned good luck she had a coat pretty enough to distract him, so that it seemed he had not noticed her - and really, there wasn't much to notice, all the work was being done behind those dark and opaque oblivion eyes.

Playfully he seemed to be about to take it, and then retreated quickly enough not to send her into a panic resembling the one before - although she would probably have managed this moment better, considering she was not quite so muddled by alcohol. It made her spine fizz more and more every time he laughed, though. The Dauphin acted with such familiarity towards her! Of course, he must be the same with everybody. But nobody had ever treated her in quite such a comfortable manner before, least of all her own family. Even her friends were not so relaxed. Augustus was nothing but touchy and they could never quite refrain from bickering every time they met, and though she and Terra often played and fooled, it was in such a businesslike manner and geared towards a quite professional goal - they were more like work partners than close friends, although in time maybe they would find a more companionable level of existence. Of course, that hope would not stand a chance of fruition if she gave away Terra's coat, eager as she was to please the effusive tailor. "I am afraid it is not mine to give," she explained, her tone joking, although only just and it was bordering upon being absolutely serious. "That is the something else. It is my friend Terra's - we are creating a show of magical tricks." She kept her steady gaze trained upon him for any reaction. She was still convinced that a show would be a perfect way to bring the members of the court together, at least as participants in an audience, or entertainment at a party - the very kind which Strelein had in mind, unknown though this was to the petitioning Caspa. "I thought it could do with a little more..." Her vocabulary didn't seem to have many fitting words and she hesitated before continuing "magic. Glitz and glamour and decoration and so on. But I don't really know where to start." She herself was probably one of the most shabbily dressed members of the court that had ever lived - she hardly suited the Noblesse tier she seemed to be placed in, her only garment that tattered leather trench coat. "I hoped it could be a surprise. Do you think anything can be done with it?" She tailed off, knowing she'd said all she needed to say. She did not have Strelein's easy way with words, and could find no way to dress up her proposal with humour or fancy, but its simple bluntness sounded strange to her own ears now.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread