slip stitch with broken strings
[html]

I apologize about the length/delay of it.

The man gave a playful wobble of the lip, pretending to be hurt. He could, in all honesty, seize the garment, were he of that nature. But he was hardly the sort and it would do nothing for him to do so. Honor and trust were key for a man in his position. Strel would always stand by his integrity in his work. Sure, his moral compass sailed far from due north most of the time, but he was a just businessman and trader. This coat was of a color he adored but he truly knew of no use for it other than seeming bigger than normal, lean as he was for a man of his height. Strel was always one for things that created illusions of a sort, especially in regard to himself. He would have liked to appear bigger, and this coat could have made him seem more mysterious, perhaps. Or he would seem like an elongated dark wine grape.

The man's look almost sobered at the mention of Terra, that trickster he had accepted into the kingdom. He did not regret letting her stay, for she added a bit of much needed mischief to the kingdom. They had grown dull lately, and he felt himself to be the cause of it. Shaking off such feelings, the man let his easy look return quickly grinning at the woman. "A magic show, you say? That would be amusing, especially if you truly astounded the Court," he said with a bemused hint to his tone of words. The younger members of the kingdom would truly enjoy such a thing, as any child would love amusements. The tailor carefully listened to her request and nodded along, lavender eyes staring deeply into the dark purple coat as though to see what future lay in store for the poor garment.

"You work mostly leather, if I recall, correct?" he inquired of her. Strel let the heavy fabric run though his fingers like a waterfall over rocks, feeling the texture and the weight of it. Brows furrowed in thought, the man recalled the shirts he had found with strange little reflective things on them. Some had silvery tassels and others had tiny beads that glittered in the correct light. Perhaps if mixed with those and brighter threads, the man could give the woman the mood she wanted for the coat. "I think I know what to do, though you'll need to let me know what kind of theme you want. Glitter? Magic? Perhaps sun, stars, and moon like some old wizard?" Taking a deep inhale of air, the redheaded man crossed his arms as he peered up at the pale woman. "I can do something, sure. Though it seems to be a lot of work, and I'm sorry to say I'd have to ask for something in return. However, I guarantee that I'll do my best for your wish for it." Strel's look was truly forlorn, for he did not much like to ask for payment, though often had to. It was not easy what people often wanted and this was a job, not a charity.

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread