slip stitch with broken strings
[html]

whoa nelly, you went all out, didn't you Freddy?

Lavender hued eyes watched the pale dog woman as she spoke of her partnership with Terra. He himself had his mixed feelings about the other woman, though he was sure that Caspa's intentions were strictly honorable at the moment. While he himself did not have the most moral history, all of that had been long since set aside for what he had to do here in the Kingdom as well as for his mate. He was not necessarily the infidelity type, though he was sure he had helped with that for other people. He had, at the time, never bothered to ask questions, especially if an unknown someone was to be hurt by his own actions. Now, he had no such chance of that.

He was sure that the show the two of them planned would be an entertaining spectacle. And it was so sorely needed by the Kingdom. Dull and boring it had become, no longer the time of balls and parties by the shoreline. Perhaps this would be the first event of many that could bring back the life of the Kingdom and create the warm golden glow he remembered from the past. How long had he been here already, he wondered. His mathematical skills were only slightly better than his reading skills; at least he could make alternations in his measurements for his clothing much better than he could write a note to himself.

Making only a small noise of recognition, Strel took note of her declaration of her ability. He remembered when he had stumbled upon her nailing her work into the coffee table in the other room and grumbling to herself about the work she was doing. He remembered that meeting fairly well, or perhaps he could not that well anymore; the redhead had always had some level of poor memory retention. But he was sure that he had taken the woman upstairs to his room and his store of alcohol, though he was unsure what happened next. Naturally, it was nothing inappropriate, for he was still there before the woman, alive and well. Noss would have probably skinned him alive for such a thing. Drunk, Strel could still behave properly. If he wanted to, of course. 'I'm sure I'll have something acceptable for you," he said against her delicate work comment, knowing that leather was not the most dainty of materials to work with.

Strel nodded at her addendum and revisions to his suggestions. He was not aware of the symbology behind suns, stars, and moons, though he knew they were prevalent in more occult-like workings. Not a believer of anything otherworldly, Strel did what he pleased in what designs he pleased. However, embroider was not particularly a common thing for himself, as it was seen as more of a feminine decoration. While nonplussed about the way people thought of him, he chose to limit how much of a female air his clothing gave off to other people; he was still a man at heart and very much a man in body. Regardless, he had be sure that they had wanted a more mystical aura around the coat of dark purple, though it seemed they wished to astound more than denote an air of the secret occult. Not that it mattered much to Strel; he would do as he was asked to the best of his ability.

"A drawing, you say?" he asked, turning his gaze back on the woman and not on the coat. "I have a paper pad and charcoal here if you would like to take it and show me what you think you'd like on here." The Dauphin gestured to the mentioned items atop his clean and orderly table. It was usually cluttered with things: needles, thread, wads of paper, scissors, beads, and all kinds of other things. But now, everything was in it's place. The chain of bobbins on their wires hung from the small dinning room chandelier as well as ragged ribbons with needles stuck into them. The pad of paper was situated near the center of the table, near a small metal bucket of long charcoal sticks. "Though, I have to say, with random swirls and sparkles, it will be so much easier to make mistakes in placement seem like I put them there on purpose," he said with a chuckle, gently touching the table as he rearranged absently some of the materials on it. Sighing, he put them all back into place again.

Strel took a seat in the chair by the table and waved his hand for her to take the other situated close to the table so that they might talk business. "How soon do you need this coat done, just so I know exactly how much time I have to work with." His look was serious, albeit rather light despite the importance of his question. Strel worked just fine under pressure though preferred more time to guarantee a better product. Either way, it was as the customer wanted.

But what kind of price he wanted to ask of the woman, he was unsure. "Since you're good with leather, I suppose something made of leather," he said, pausing as he thought about what he needed the most in his life right now. A belt perhaps, made out of a darker leather and maybe stained a more cherry hue? No, the Dauphin shook his head at himself, wondering what on earth he could ask for. "Perhaps a small sack I can keep small baubles in. Or even a bigger one for transporting a bottle of two of a brew?" Strel was not sure which would be adequate work for the work he would do, but he also had that nasty habit of asking far too little for a lot of work on his side. Either way, at least he would get something to use himself that was not crafted by his own busy hands. "Or, if you can find some, a bottle or two of any alcohol. Though naturally, I'll still happily take something you've crafted."

<style>
.strel-txt {font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; text-align:justify;}
.strel-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GEuNG.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border: 0px solid #000; padding 0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.strel-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.strel-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 0px 5px 0px 0px;}
.strel-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.strel-txt .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread