slip stitch with broken strings
Words: 579
[html]

OOC: lol I forgot to say that I mentioned somewhere else she traded a bottle of wine and left it outside his door some time late January, although she will be hunting for better stuff at the festival as it was quite weak Tongue the idea was 'just to keep him going', haha. You could put it in the read-only if you wanted? And yep any time around the 4th is good for me Big Grin

His voice had fallen imperceptibly, but she could only assume it was because he was considering in-depth and running through the process of decoration in his head: that was how Caspa got things done, anyway, by thinking them through first in great detail, almost technicolour mental images - and she was certainly not the most ebullient if interrupted in the middle of one of these trains of thought. It was good that she was not a mind-reader, for the thought that her distance made him consider whether he was at fault would have been distressing and made it even harder for her to keep up the chilly facade.

Everything was so very improvised about this show, nothing set in stone - how could it be with such a spontaneous star in the shape of Terra, and her stately sidekick, Caspa herself? They were a strange combination, really, and the finished result was either bound to be an unforeseen spark of greatness, or a jumble of confusion and madness. At least, to Caspa's mind, there was no way it would not be entertaining, and that was the main thing. She was rather looking forward to seeing the looks on watchers' faces when the Miracles pair rolled out their performance. Goodness knew what would happen, but the unpredictability of it was part of the fun, at least for her.

The man leaned forwards, and Caspa unconsciously mirrored his movement, turning to move a little way towards the exit, after politely clasping her hands together and bowing from the waist, a thank-you that she hoped would show in her eyes too - but then, she remembered, these were the same eyes that had even startled herself by their dark, pinpoint ferocity just minutes before in the hand-mirror. She would have to voice her appreciation properly, too, but just then Strelein made a comment about the timing of the show, and she hoped this meant he was considering attending. "But of course," she wanted everybody to come: that was the point, to tie it into some kind of evening or social event where it could be diluted by other entertainments and the cause of conversational matter and diversion for happy hours spent in one another's company - a true tie-building experience, the way she saw it, but perhaps she was being a little idealistic. "We would be honoured by your presence. Thank you for your time. I am certain Terra will share my gratitude when I surprise her with this coat, too... please try and hide it from her in the meantime, as she does not know where it is. I will return soon with my half of the bargain." Caspa bit her lip, hoping again she was not asking too much of him, then winced as her tooth caught the still-new scar. Mistakes, endless mistakes: when would she learn? For the silvery dog required nothing less than perfection from herself, despite the fact she was mostly tolerant of just about everybody else. Comforting herself with the thought that at least this encounter had fared better than their last, when she'd nailed a piece of leather to a table accidentally before walking out on him without a word of explanation, she turned and slipped from the room, to hurry back to her own bare and spartan quarters, to calm herself and gather her thoughts amongst the refreshingly austere and distraction-free surroundings.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread