Reflections
[html]
OOC: Words: 367

She turned to go, hoping to persuade her body to be light and quick on its feet for once and move before he made a scene - she was an outsider, an intruder, as good as a spy, horning in on his personal time. She felt very ashamed of herself, but then he spoke and it was too late to salvage the situation. Caprica's ears flattened humbly, dragging her feet as she turned very slowly on the spot to face him as he stood. At least he'd called her love, so a fight was unlikely to begin at once. He then introduced himself and she realised she was being even ruder by the minute - she should have gone first, as the stranger, but he didn't seem to mind. It would be all good, she realised, if he didn't stand too much on formalities, which he didn't seem to. "Real sorry for interrupting you Mr. Goldenfeather," she apologised. "I'm Caprica. I'm here on a visit with Frodo Silvertongue." But he didn't seem to care about her business or have any questions about what an Anatheman was doing here so far from home: he didn't seem to mind the intrusion at all. His eyes were bright and intelligent, observant as they flicked her up and down. She'd already gotten a good enough look at him, so she kept her own to his face, a rather polite and formal expression holding her serene features, but the elegance was utterly shattered as he paid her a quite unlooked for compliment and she gasped exaggeratedly. "Geez, are all you AniWayans such flatterers? I'll be tempted to move in if this carries on!" The ice seemed to be broken, now, and her embarrassment swept aside due to the male's utter lack of caring about the intrusion. Caprica grinned at him, allowing herself to feel warmed by the appreciation. It had been a while since she'd had such a direct compliment, and never one quite so strongly worded. This guy must consider himself quite the connoisseur, she conjectured, and with his physique, she could see why.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread