Setting sun
[html]

Word Count » 1118 ::OOC: About time i got over 1000 XDD I had to bullshit at the end so don't worry bout reading the last bit haha

As he spoke of traversing the land on foot it made Eclipse think of buttercup, her dun mare, who was at home resting from the long journey they had taken. Eclipse would be riding her if she hadn’t promised the mare a nice long rest before she started riding the horse again. Smiling at the thought then wondered, how much faster could horses be to sailing? She knew horses couldn’t walk on water, that was preposterous, so the only way across the sea was to actually use a boat, but she knew of boats that skirted the shores of the lands around here, and it made her wonder, was horseback far better than sailing or was sailing quicker?? Well she could find out, in any case

“There are other options to walking these days. I have recently learned to ride a horse, someone said that’s what humans did a long time ago, but I couldn’t be too sure about that. Humans are a mystery to me, but horses are as fast as our feet when we run except we don’t have to use all our energies. Though they eat so much.”

Eclipse said. She had learned the hard way how much a horse really did eat on her first few days out. She had to trade a good deal of meat to get the horse what she needed to survive a journey without having to stop so often. Eclipse still loved the horse though, without her she wouldnt’ have gotten as far as she did so fast and without becoming wary from the journey only days into it. At his apologies for offending her she shook her head.

“No, no it’s ok you didn’t know. I know some have that perfect life but I am not one of them, though I’ve learned from each and everything that’s happened to me. You couldn’t have possibly known what happened to me nor anyone you don’t know.”

She watched as he moved to take off his goggles, and though he was aware of them and thought she would fear them, she actually stopped and stared, they were red! Red eyes! Though red was said to be the color of devils Eclipse believed it to be the color of life, for that was what the color of her blood was. She stared at him wide eyed and transfixed, unable to say much of anything as he explained that his condition went further than just being white pelted. She was intrigued and if she hadn’t been interested in him she most surely was now.

“I’m not afraid, but I see why you have a hard time seeing in the sunlight! It must be annoying to have to wear those all the time.”

She said, not thinking that he could be the nocturnal sort. She had never in her life seen an albino animal so she was utterly fascinated, and she didn’t hide it as she stared directly into his eyes with her own blue ones. If one stared into them they could see the hint of purple that mixed in with them that she’d gotten from her father. But red eyes! It was just, so uncommon and yet it suited the man just fine. That only lasted a short while as she found herself staring and looked down, clearing her throat, as though she were trying to cover up a cough. His compliment made her blush. She too thought that her experiences, however wrong they were, in her part as well as her families, she did come out better for it, and now had the family value she needed.

“I just wish I hadn’t hurt so many of my own family in the process. That’s my only wish, but things happen for a reason.”

She said.She felt sad when he declined her offer to teach him to use a bow, but there were far more benefits than just eating a little of the meat and wasting the rest....

“It’s easy to try and cook meat, you can sell it for something you need, I’m sure you can’t make much out of the pelts of rabbit furst you get, have you ever had a blanket before? In the frigid nights it does get rather cold and just staying still chills the bones. I mean it would still be practice for me too I’ve never trained anyone, but if you say you dont’ need the use it’s ok, but the offer is still open. I don’t use archery only for hunting, it is a game too. I try to hit small targets. That’s how I started learning, though i found out I could hunt with it as well, but I mostly learned because it was fun to shoot an arrow at a target and see how close i get to a certain point..”

She said. There were other benefits of being an archer as well, though they weren’t good for close contact hitting, they were good for keeping unwanted riff raff away. If someone threatening came near she was usually ready with her bow these days. She was more into using the bow as as sport more than anything though. She still couldnt’ hunt with it anyway. She was not skilled enough and she didn’t want to go after larger prey until she knew she had a good chance of killing and finding it sooner than later.

“I am sorry I just got carried away, if you don’t want to learn it that’s ok, I’m not offended or anything. I shouldn’t push stuff on you like that”

She said finally, feeling as apologetic as she sounded. She hoped he would forgive her for being frank, and thinking everyone should learn to use a bow and arrow, but that was how she felt, they were quicker to get meals, so they didn’t have to spend hoursf finding the food then more planning on who went were and killingthe thing. She never left anything to waste either, she used the bones brains, even their bladders, their stomachs made for a good sealed waterskin, and she helped preserve them so that someoen could make waterskins out of them. Then again she never hunted with a bow before, but she was sure her views on things wouldn’t change. Razekiel would be terribly angry if he knew that she had taken the life of an animal and not used it properly and would probably give her the mother earth speech about life being precious, though this was something she knew so she didn’t need telling.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread