beloved, my beloved
Melisande hadn't even realized she'd been holding it against her father - having left without saying good bye. But now, here she was, feeling suddenly bad for doing so. She hadn't even looked for a note, of course. She hadn't expected one, and indeed hadn't even known that he was officially gone for a while afterwards. Anything could have happened to a letter, of course. Mother nature and her creatures were not kind to lonely objects. She looked at her paws. Actually, she hadn't even known there was one for the pack. You'd think someone would tell her that. Her heart sunk a little bit at that. She did go out of her way to show him he was loved, and a few others in the pack as well, but when she wasn't doing something for them, when she was out of their sight, did they think of her?

But at least he was back now, and all she could do was hope that he wouldn't leave her again. She knew that it was his choice, she couldn't force him to be here nor there, and she didn't want to. She just missed him when he was gone, that was all. Home wasn't quite home without her Daddy. "I didn't get the letter. But then, I didn't look for one either." She shrugged, as if it didn't matter, even though both of them knew it did.

Messages In This Thread