far from home
[html]<style>.trent p:first-letter{font-size:20px;}
.trent q{color:#5e6d79;}
.trent table, .jello tr, .jello td{font-size:12px;color:#c7dde4;font-family:georgia;text-indent:2em;}
</style>
http://irisillustratie.nl/images/trenttab.jpg);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#1e2c39;border:5px solid black;">

As he noticed her look, Trent crouched behind a tree and watched as she looked right at him. Crap. Ears folded back and he lowered his body as she approached and yelled at him, hoping that at least submission would appease her in a way. She didn't seem angry, and she was rather smallish, but the lupus was still afraid of some retribution for stalking her. He felt pathetic, stalking others because he was too frightened to approach them, and when she asked him who'd taught him to stalk and track he felt even more pathetic because he wasn't just stalking — he was doing a poor job at it, too.

Since there was no use running, he showed his face from between the trees and bushes he'd been attempted to hide behind, poorly, and averted his gaze after meeting hers briefly. Ah, uh... I'm sorry. Nobody taught me, which is probably why I'm so horrible at it... The coywolf sounded as defeated as he felt, like an antisocial loser who was so anxious to approach anyone that he'd rather do a shitty job at hiding.

Uh, I... I'm Trent. I'm new here, so I just... He trailed off there, since there really was no excuse for his behaviour. Any excuse he'd share with her would just sound shoddy, anyway. 'I was scared'; 'I don't know if y'all are a bunch of newbie-eating cannibals'; and there were probably worse things he could've said. Instead the lupus coywolf looked away, head and tail lowered in admitted defeat.

image & table by me
[/html]

Messages In This Thread