Thoughtful march along the shoreline
[html]

It's all good, I've been distracted a lot lately myself =P

"Lad?" he smiled, pleasantly perplexed at the usage. The only time he'd heard that word was when old wolves spoke to youngers, but even though this wolf looked mature for his age, he didn't smell like he was past early adulthood. Asmodai was older, though he couldn't put his finger on exactly how much older. Perhaps lad had different connotations in the place that Zephyr came from, wherever wolves spoke english in the out-of-place dialect he used now. The shifted wolf didn't mind it, it was definitely a quirk that made this wolf stand out from others he would meet, and he appreciated quirks, provided they weren't the dangerous kind.

"As for starting something big, I can see that. Aspirations are good things to have, and wanting to be a part of something is far from unusual, especially amongst our kind." Indeed, wolves were social creatures, being a part of a pack, a family, or in his case an organization was very important. The smell of that organization had long since worn off, and he wondered if he would smell like home again before this was all over.

"As for myself, I came to the beach because I like it. The endless expanse of the water, the sun's play over the sea, the scent of salt and wet sand. For some reason, all of it appeals to me." He had learned from Muaru not to drink from the ocean, as the salt made it poisonous to the body. He would not have tried to drink such odd-smelling water, especially if he knew what it tasted like, but it was curious to think that some wolves had died of it. Curious still to contemplate that there could be so much water, and that so much of it couldn't be consumed. It was indeed an odd and wonderful world he lived in. He regretted that it had taken him so long to discover that fact.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread