toadstools and pixie dust
[html]
sswm: 422

We can end this after your post, unless you like this to go on longer? Big Grin I don't mind~ I love this thread anyway.

Word Count → 422

Mordecai couldn’t help but not see the truth at first. He wanted, desperately, for the elves to be real, for them to laugh and sing. He had been searching for so long for them, and he did not want this to be another let down. Now he felt defeated, not feeling this down in so long because of his naturally up-beat personality. But when he felt conquered, he felt it hard. That was a problem for the boy: he felt things too much. He does not consider things without his heart in the decision, without adding his own feelings and opinions in the mix. This time, he focused so much on his own wants that he ignored Sophie’s own emotions.

“I’ll bring you home, Sophie, if you want,” he whined to her, his nose brushing past her ear to try to comfort her. He was sure that if he followed the girl’s sent, he could led her back to her parents, or in the case he did not know about, her brother. He could smell her fear, as well as his, and it would do them no good to stay in this silent, still garden any longer, with the sun starting to go down in the west. Mordecai also thought maybe he’ll head home soon, too, his new home; this was his last night in these woods before he took his leave north to go to Zalen’s new pack’s territory.

When he saw her brush her nose, he felt horrible for egging the pup to go on this excursion. He nudged her against with his muzzle, again to give comfort, but also wordlessly asking for forgiveness. The boy watched the girl slowly go back to where they came, and went after her when she turned to look at him. “Let’s get out of here,” he spoke, to himself and to Sophie, as they exited the yard. In the back of his head, he imagined the elves’ eyes staring at him, or maybe even through him. His steps sped up as his mind thought of the smiling faces with empty gazes.

“I’m sorry, Sophie,” he murmured aloud this time, his head bowed in guilt. “I should have known something was up… I guess I’m too silly with the thoughts of fairies and trolls to tell what’s real and what’s not.” He spoke with a smile, but it was as hollow as the little men. He let the pup down, and caused her fear, which was the worst thing that happened that day yet.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.mushroom-25 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KT6yp.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#3e4900; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; color:#748800; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.mushroom-25 b {color:#bfe000; }
.mushroom-25 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.mushroom-25 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.mushroom-25 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mushroom-25 .wordcount {color:#748800; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #748800; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread