This Endless Battle
[html]

Word Count :: 435

She chuckled softly, Sky's mention of herbal medicine reminded her of her friend Alaine. The first time they had met, the woman took her on an little herb gathering stint, and explained to her how she kept her medicines fresh and ready even in winter time. There was much preparation to be done in the early months to continue practicing medicine successfully in the winter, more steps than Alaine could teach Orin. Yet still to the diligent young woman the job had not been daunting. She smiled as she thought about Alaine. It had been a long time since she had seen her, and since she received her last teaching in their pagan religion. Where had the woman gone to?

“I've used muds and clays before,” she nodded. Her face darkened when she remembered why... when she created the disguise of Desdemona Moonsong. “But it's not that often that I need natural colors. I never really favored normal colors on myself. The mud I used wasn't the best quality, either, it was just something to use in a pinch. Luckily it came out when I needed it to.” She gestured toward her hair, indicating the once blond locks that were now half pink. The blond that was in her hair before wasn't a bleach – where would she find a bleaching agent? - but a daffodil based dye.

“Plants usually have the strongest pigment in them. I've looked for other things but short of blood nothing really gives such a vibrant result, in my experience.” What a grim statement, but it was true. After Demetrius's blood showered her she couldn't get all of the spots off... not that she even wanted to erase the last of her child, anyway... until they grew out on their own. She always had to be careful when hunting, too, cleaning right away or else her pelt would stain.

“Hey, I like the blond,” she said, smiling as she rocked the chair forward, placing her feet on the ground to steady it as she reached out to brush her fingers against Sky's hair. “It's a nice contrast with your fur.” But even as she said it, she focused on how her colored fingers looked next to the woman's face. Her head tilted and she hummed in thought.

“Then again, if you didn't like it you don't have to keep it. Your hair looks perfect right now for dying.” She grinned mischievously. “But you can't go back to brown. That would just be an insult to this hair that's so ready for some color.”

<style type="text/css">
.orintreeline-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.orintreeline b {font-weight:bold; color:#816f6f; letter-spacing:1px}
.orintreeline p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orintreeline {margin:0 auto; background-color:#e2e4f6; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/vpca54.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a09eb0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:370px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread