Bring me Roses
[html]

sorry for all delays :x I've been on vacation / am still on it

Isabella knew that that creature trailing behind the woman had to be a slave, especially with the meekness he presented to her, and his worried looks at the other woman. She chose to give the slave a simple nod, and a more elegant bow of the head toward the woman. Her ranking was not much higher than hers, but here it was the difference between in the know and out on the porch. Isabella smiled with genuine camaraderie at her and listened to her. If this woman would tell the King or the Auxiliary of her behavior and have it shine in good light, it would do her no harm in the least and raise her status in their eyes at the best. "Isabella, miss Odessa. I haven't been here for very long just yet." Her voice was humble but that was wisest with players whose strategies she didn't know.

The woman mentioned lavender, directed at the discarded remains of the pomander. The hybrid woman peered under foot, looking at the few petals stuck into the ground detritus. Sheepishly, she looked up at Odessa. "Yes, it is. I'm afraid it's the last of my stock. I am fresh out of dried lavender and only have essential oil left." She shook her long maned head at the thought of running out of the scent. It was what marked her and what she needed terribly to keep herself smelling fresh. "I'm not sure where to find more. I figured I would inquire if anyone would be heading to Freetown soon, so I could ask for help getting seeds." With an elegant roll of the shoulders, Isabella looked sadly upon the dregs of her lavender stores. She had no lavender seeds nor rose for a garden. A garden of roses, especially climbing ones, would have been perfect but she had no idea where to even start on such a request.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread