Bring me Roses
[html]

For whatever reason, Isabella had put a high price for the value of the herbs. She had no idea just how abundant they were, but she had rarely wandered around outside of her homes. It had been easier and more effective to get deliveries and trades rather than getting things herself. Isabella was still not fully able to produce her own plants but she figured she could find some information for the plants she wanted. "Perhaps you can teach me how to cultivate them, or guide me to someone or something that could?" A book would not go amiss; it did not ask for favors and it was easy to consult than another being. Debts were not something that Isabella encouraged and tried to avoid them as best as she possibly could.

The slave offered to go gather more, but his master turned his offer down. Isabella agreed; it was hardly the season for lavender to be blooming and the blooms and buds were the things she needed most. Thankfully, the slave said nothing else nor did he insist. He knew his place and that pleased the woman despite him not being her own slave.

"Please, I do insist. I could perhaps trade some colored silk for this and a few plants during the season? Or perhaps a reading of your fortunes?" she offered, knowing that her skills had to have been common though she still had plenty to trade with. Isabella had other skills but this woman was far too kind to be offered such things. Advice was not needed either, for Odessa seemed to be sound of mind and devoid of pain.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread