Bring me Roses
[html]
wee.
Word Count ► 408

The cards ruffled in her hands, a slight breeze coming off them as they were shuffled. Isabella ran through a number of shuffles, letting her mind decide when it was time for her hands to stop their motion. With a tap, she straightened the deck in her hand and pulled out three cards at random onto the table. The reverence in her look was slightly masked, though it would be plain to see the respect that the gypsy woman held for the cards. They were her mothers, then hers. It was a wonder that they trusted her at all; she had stolen them from her after all. They were not hers by gift but by theft, and the cards had taken a long while to understanding the situation. They were sometimes temperamental since they were not given properly, though often seemed resigned to do their duty.

Isabella set out three cards with light clicks against the table. They were face down, revealing the swirling black and brown design of the backs. She tapped the first card on the left. "This is your past." She tapped the middle card. "Your present." Finally, she touched the right card. "And your future." Linking her fingers together, she set her hands down before the cards. "Now, I'll show you the card and you can take the meaning of them from the image you see. I'll tell you what they mean, but you will have to decide how they pertain to you." Fortune telling was no easy thing and it was never cut and dry as many hoped. It was the art of reading and setting it ones life that was the real skill. "You can explain what it means to you or not, it's entirely up to you."

She flipped over the first card and revealed the six of swords. A woman sat in a boat while another guided it along a moonlit river. Six swords stuck out of the boat in the back and the sitting woman cannot seem to bear looking at the weapons. It was right way up. Isabella looked at Odessa with a hand lightly touching the past card. "A journey from trouble to peace." She linked her fingers again before her. "You were in a problematic situation and chose to leave it, perhaps?" Any answer would have sufficed, for the cards were for Odessa and not for herself. A yes would have worked too.

<style type="text/css">
.sisters b {font-weight:normal; color:#fcfcec; text-shadow:#095700 0px 0px 2px; }
.sisters .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#508019; text-align:center; }
.sisters p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sisters {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#959a59; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u7gTS.jpg) ; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #264800; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4a5006; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;margin:0 auto;}
.sisters .wc {color:#fcfcec; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #095700 ; text-align:center ; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; text-transform:uppercase;text-shadow:#095700 0px 1px 1px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread