Bring me Roses
[html]
wee.
Word Count ► 397

Isabella shook her head at the woman. It was not at her speaking the truth, as the woman had invited her to tell her. It was more of what she had said. "Folk can be so strange, with such strange ideas." Isabella had not often encountered such a kind of canine, to be prejudice against a certain color of pelt, when the woman could hardly believe anyone chose the color of their fur. But stranger things had happened with the humans. They once thought many a strange things, like resurrection and men hurling thunderbolts from the skies. "At least you are safe here," she offered reassuringly, a light serene smile on her maw.

Lightly laughing, the gypsy shook her head. "I still think I am the one getting the better deal. So you will have to tell me how to make it up for the things you have given me." Isabella moved her hand to the present card and pressed her fingers flat against it. "But let us move on. I'm sure there are things you have yet to do." With a deft flick of her hand, the woman turned over the card to reveal the ace of pentacles. The card's face showed an ornate pentacle atop a pot of blooming flowers set atop of a pile of stones. Strands of green cascaded down the side of the pot and down the stones. Even the pentacle seems to be adorned by the flowers.

Isabella gave a light smile. "A good card. This shows that you have a chance for prosperity now. It recommends you start a project or invest in something new. Bountiful card." The woman's eyes crinkled at the edges as she put her hand on the future card, which most women eyed with hunger. Isabella flipped it over without a second of hesitation. Nine of cups. Those cups circled a window. In front, sat a woman with a bouquet. "Another good card! You have a had a happy hand." Isabella wedged an elbow against the table and rested her head on her palm. "It is the wish card." It was a good one. "It means good things will come your way, things you have wanted. Things will be good and you will find happiness." If that wasn't the most cliched thing she had ever said, she didn't know what was.

<style type="text/css">
.sisters b {font-weight:normal; color:#fcfcec; text-shadow:#095700 0px 0px 2px; }
.sisters .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#508019; text-align:center; }
.sisters p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sisters {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#959a59; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u7gTS.jpg) ; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #264800; padding: 260px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4a5006; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;margin:0 auto;}
.sisters .wc {color:#fcfcec; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #095700 ; text-align:center ; padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; text-transform:uppercase;text-shadow:#095700 0px 1px 1px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread