Thoughts
[html]
OOC

Zera’im was suddenly drawn back to the first time she had interacted with the spirits. She had only been five months old, still in pup-hood. It had been upon the day of her first shift that she had been visited. She had shifted before her mother, who had helped her through the ordeal, but after her bones had lengthened and muscles rearranged a strange light appeared in the corner of the room. It was difficult to see, and only her brown eye could see it materialize, but she could hear it speak to her. It spoke not in words but in concepts, visuals flashing through Zera’im’s mind of days past. She saw the humans who had lived there before her, the ones that worked and kept up the library. She had seen scenes then, of peace slowly turning to turmoil and then death. It seemed as if this spirit was a remnant of a human woman who had lived there, and it had been drawn to Zera’im’s aura and spoke only too her. Zera’s mother had not seen or heard a thing. It had been one of the most profound moments in Zera’im’s life and one that had prompted her to travel down the path that had already been ordained to her by her family.

She listened to Eclipse as she spoke, asking what the spirits could possibly want with her and why they would not instead interact with Zera, the collie woman sighed, They know me, they know that I can sense them and therefore pay me no mind. But you, your aura is young and green and alive. The dead are drawn to your youthful spirit, for they envy being alive once themselves. But do not fear, there is nothing these spirits can do to harm you, they’re just curious of you. Even now Zera could sense a willowy spirit swirling slowly around the Ichika female; a friendly sprite that perhaps at one time had been a squirrel or fawn, it was difficult to tell.

Zera’im then looked off into the distance again, her eyes glazing over as they sometimes did when she was listening closely. Eclipse then asked how Zera had become a Shaman and she remained silent longer then was polite. She then turned to Eclipse again, the blank stare still shining on her face, I was born with this, she said, reaching up to touch the white star burst on her forehead, and my eyes. Both marked me as a child that belonged to the gods. I was trained then from a young age to learn all the knowledge my family kept. Then, later in my life, I was trained by another Shaman the ways of the spirits. But now I grow old, the power I once had in youth is fading, but this is just the way of life. The life then returned to her eyes again, and they twinkled merrily at Eclipse, And you young one? What do you wish to do with your life? She was interested to see what the youth of this day would like to do in the future.

<style>
#nat-tastic01 {width:480px;margin:0px auto;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia, serifs;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:1px;}
#nat-tastic01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1.5px;line-height:11px;padding:5px;}
#nat-tastic01.table {background-color:#000000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wq5Zs.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#9d8674;padding-bottom:240px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p:first-letter {font-size:50px;float:left;margin:3px;color:#413831;}
#nat-tastic01.table b {color:#ffb000;text-shadow:1px 1px 3px #555555;}
#nat-tastic01.wc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p b:before {content:open-quote;}
#nat-tastic01.table p b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread