Under the Sun
[html]

Augustus
Take the light and darken everything around me...
OOC text -- Word Count → 000

Augustus took in the stranger’s scent as he took in his. He did not have the smell of any of the packs he’d passed. His tail wagged slowly in greeting. He could smell the scent of the Court upon himself as well and was ashamed. He knew little of them to begin with, but what he had seen he could not help but disapprove. Caspa had been the only reason for his staying there. The Dauphin had made him uneasy from the moment he’d set eyes upon him with his crimson hair and clothed bi pedal form. His ears perked when he spoke of his pack. Augustus’s heart leapt. “I was raised in such a pack.” He admitted, his tail continuing to wag, his attention focused on the males words and nothing more, taking in every vowel. Augustus stood firmly rooted to the spot, his eyes peering piercingly into Zalen’s. “It is all I know.” He straightened, his past woes forgotten.

“I only joined to have a home for the winter. Wolves prancing about on two legs like humans…I cannot accept it.” He divulged his beliefs eagerly to this male, trusting in the promise of the stranger’s words. “I remember my ancestors…and the humans were nothing to be idolized. They left nothing but death and destruction in their wake and killed our kind for sport.” His tones were sharper now, the generations that came before him almost speaking through him. He knew, he remembered. His father had taught him of their plight, as his father before him.

His stance changed now, and he avoided Zalen’s eyes. His body curled towards the earth. It did not matter that he was on neutral territory, this wolf promised everything he’d ever dreamed of. A place to belong. He tucked his tail between his legs and held his head and ears low. “I would join you, brother, if you would have me.”

...call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread