where fields burn westward
[html]
Guess we can end this now

Zalen had never believed he would confess what had happened to him to one of coyote kind, so it was strange that he didn’t feel uneasy having done so to this girl. Perhaps he had chosen well to ask of her to be an envoy, for he believed that despite her race he could trust her. It also helped that he seemed to intimidate her to some degree, ensuring that she would not cross him. But now the eventuality of meeting with Inferni weighed heavily on his mind; how would such an encounter play out? Though Myrika had given him some hope that there could be peace, it was difficult for him to believe that the leader of the infamous Inferni would be as forgiving as she.

His sad story seemed to touch her and she apologized for his pain, to which he shook his head, No matter. It is in the past now. Something he would not have been able to do up until recent events. The death of his mother had scarred him, made him silent, but now he could no longer afford to be so. Still, it was a sore spot in his heart, and he had yet to forgive the monsters that had taken her from him. He was not sure if he would ever be able to, and he would surely never forget.

Myrika agreed to his request and said that she would be sure to pass along to Ezekiel, whom Zalen assumed was Inferni’s leader, any message he could have. The black Alpha pondered this, but decided there was nothing that could be said at this point, I have no message to give him, for I’m sure you will let him know of our meeting here. What had been spoken between them would be enough for the leader to understand, and if he wished to further investigate New Dawn then Zalen was sure that Myrika would convince him that there was a certain way such meetings were to be made. Hopefully this Ezekiel would not be mad enough just to come barging over the borders.

Now, seeing that their meeting was drawing to an end, Zalen stood and took several slow steps away from the girl and her horse, back towards the forest, Yes, perhaps it is best that we part now. But thank you, Myrika, for conversing with me, even when I behaved in such a manner as I did. He gave her a short nod and a soft smile, one that hinted at possible camaraderie , before he slipped into the trees. He made sure to go far enough into the shadows be hidden, but he watched the girl, making sure that she did indeed leave his lands, and with haste.

<style>
#jn-zalen05 {width:500px; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-zalen05.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-zalen05.table {background-color:#827e5b;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#38381d;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 155px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xZ0fC.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-zalen05.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 15px 0px;}
#jn-zalen05.table p:first-letter {font-size:23px;font-weight:normal;color:#f4e27d;font-family: 'Dawning of a New Day', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-zalen05.table p:first-line {font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;color:#f4e27d;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-zalen05.table b {color:#000000;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-zalen05.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-zalen05.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-zalen05.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread