I've Seen Fire (Laruku)
[html]

indent Yeah, seems like a good place. With our stubborn characters, this would keep going in circles forever.

indent Melisande wasn't sure how to reply. A flood of emotions and thoughts went through her head. Anger, sorrow, disappointment. She felt that he was too stubborn for his own good, that it was his own fault that he was this way. He was hurting himself, and everyone around him. Why didn't he stop? On the other hand, all she wanted to do was make him happy, no matter what that took. She wanted to hug him, to play games with him, to tell him that everything wasn't his fault, and that it would all be fine. Let's escape together, she thought, and run away, and be free, in lands where everything is alright. But that would solve anything, and of course, there was no changing people. She couldn't comfort him, not this quickly, anyhow. She couldn't make him happy right now, and yelling at him wouldn't make things better. So she simply nodded her understanding as he left, making sure to keep that look on her face of 'I haven't given up yet'. "I see." She said, and let him go.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread