memories are designed to fade
Words: 397
[html]

Observant but not impudent gaze rested briefly on the black mask that turned her way. A vigilante was a maverick killer and seeker of justice, and Caspa in liking the word saw the qualities within the wolf, and they tallied with some of her own aspirations. She had little strength but her dedication and tenacity had been honed to make up for this lack, although these qualities would never show up on her ghost-frame. Perhaps this small deception had helped her survive against the slaver, who had come close to underestimating her. It also led to amusing assumptions from princes, and Caspa gave a brief smile-twitch of her lips upon hearing Skoll's name. The boy had been so bright and lively - compared to his bold character many could be called shadows or ghosts. He'd thought of her as a literal spook, though, understandably enough. "I believe I am your ghost, if anything, my King - although he has stolen my heart with his puppyish charms," she replied, as usual her intently solemn face belying the humour in her words. This was utterly gone, however as she realised she could not smooth over her injuries without dishonesty, which like insubordination was taboo in her world. "Mostly life goes on as normal. I had a little... accident recently, but I will recover." And then she would seek her revenge. She would involve nobody else, even her leader, in this matter. Nobody could get hurt for her sake, and besides, it was her right to claim the righteous victory over the most evil of vices. She had only to make sure she was properly rested. The encounter with the lord of the land had been fortuitous, as Caspa could feel now she had halted that her bruised flesh and bones were aching from the relatively long walk and perhaps she had over-stretched herself even now. She hoped he would linger awhile at least for politeness' sake, because if he left she would be tempted to push through her discomfort once more as a test of her endurance - and in this case, this tenacity would do nothing but further harm. "Do you have business in this building today?" she wondered then, only half meant as a conversation continuation, jerking her muzzle in the direction of the broodingly elaborate temple.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread