memories are designed to fade
Words: 374
[html]

It was plain to see and hear that he'd caught the flaw in her story - but she had not wished to lie to the lord of her homeland. It was true, she did not believe her pack to be in danger - at least not as much as they would be if she told them about the malicious and violent woman who had done the damage. Then they might be tempted to seek her out, and risk a similar treatment. This pack had shared too much trouble - Caspa wanted to bear the burden of antagonism herself this time. And she didn't think that an unwary courtier could cross the so-called Amy's path easily. The woman would never be stupid enough to cross borders, and probably wouldn't come back for some time considering what she'd done. If she had any sense, she'd know not to risk facing the united wrath of a pack for killing one of its members - at least, Caspa believed she'd been left for dead: it made no sense at all for Amy to wish to leave her alive and the dog had clearly been capable of the decisive act.

The pair were lost to their thoughts for a moment, before the subject turned to their destination and she gave the temple once more a searching look. "I am a student of anatomy, originally," she explained, as usual feeling that strange disconnection from the subject that her teachers and parents - well, father - had chosen for her even before she could walk. "I heard of the remains and thought I might refresh my memory." The understanding of bones of course seemed more pertinent than ever now she seemed to have shattered quite a few of her own. "You do not know these lands without omission, sir?" she wondered gently at his admission to have never visited the temple. "Were you not born here?" How ignorant she was, that she didn't even know how her own King had achieved his appointment. She'd thought the monarchic system followed the law of inheritance, and no one had relieved her of this assumption, nor had she thought to ask.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread