memories are designed to fade
[html]

334 words.

The contradiction halted the dog King for a moment as he considered what she meant by that. It was a strange statement, but she went on to further detail her meaning and he thought it over, though he was unsure of whether or not he agreed with her. Though there was not anything like the heavy culture of some of the surrounding packs, the kingdom was vastly different than other packs that Vigilante had been subjected to, and it was similar to many he had only known in passing.

"Things are very different here than they were where I was raised," he explained. "My pack was larger, made up of many big families, and the hierarchy was very different. My pack lived on imagined prophecies." Naturally, he left out any mention of his specific upbringing and the stories that had surrounded the birth of his sister and himself. Those tales were not for this time, this place; they were a part of another life completely. He was distanced from that now, by time as well as an entire continent, and he would do well to respect that.

The large dog looked briefly at his paws. His preference would always be the four-legged form, and oftentimes the larger, muscular secui form. Coming here to a place where most preferred to walk on two legs and act like humans had been somewhat of a shock, to say the least. "I still do not use my two-legged form as frequently as most members of the pack do," he admitted. The kingdom's ways were still strange to him, even after such a long time he had spent leading it.

"Is there anything you would change?" the King asked her suddenly, once again locking his aged gaze on her face. Caspa had been a member of the pack long enough that he trusted her to be loyal, though they had never met formally before now. Loyal members were the ones that could contribute ideas and suggestions, thoughts and considerations.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread