memories are designed to fade
[html]

400+ words.

Of the pack’s founding members, only one remained, and only two did the King miss at all. Jacquez, Svara, Firefly, Haven, Heath, and Ruri had been the founding members of the kingdom. Of course Haven remained with his mate and children, though he had seemed a bit off since the conflict with the tribe. Vigilante did miss Ruri and Heath, and he hoped that someday they would return to the kingdom, though he did not know if that was at all likely to happen. The others, however… Their fates mattered little to him, truthfully. Svara’s death was nothing he had mourned, and Firefly and Jacquez might be dead, as well, for all he knew or cared. It was an unfortunate way of thinking, but it was the simple truth, albeit nothing he would vocalize.

“Heath left the pack a long time ago with his family,” he began. “His mate was one of the other original members. Her name was Ruri, and they had two children, Forte and Arnette. I was not one of the founding members, though I joined less than a month after the pack was born.” He had been there for a long time, now. “Jacquez, the original King, founded with pack with two cast offs from Dahlia de Mai, Firefly and Svara, as well as his friend and ward, Ruri, and two younger males, Haven and Heath. Haven was originally from Crimson Dreams, where Alder is also from; they’re brothers,” he added, just incase Caspa did not know of the relationship between the Marshall and the Knight.

“Jacquez… He appointed me his Constable, and by then Ruri was his Dauphine, and shortly after that, he simply disappeared. He had been a sailor before settling, and I suspect he got tired of pack life. He was more theatrical and pompous than anything. When it became apparent that he was not coming back, I stepped up, and I kept Ruri where she was, happily. Heath was a member of the council, as was Haven. Svara had already left and returned, only to leave again and commit suicide, by that time. When Jacquez left, I believe Firefly left, as well, and I believe they met up later. Ruri, Heath, and Haven remained the only original members for quite some time, until Ruri received word from Jacquez that someone was ill. I cannot recall if it was him or her mother that was allegedly ill, but she decided to go to them, taking her family with her.”

He paused, unaccustomed to speaking for such a long period of time to only one other canine. The only times he spoke so much seemed to be meetings. “I have hopes that they will return, someday, but I do not know how realistic these hopes are,” he admitted.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread