legacy
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count » 440

There was no doubt that between them, the power belonged to the golden coyote and his grizzled grandmother. Myrika was yet unsure of herself, something that the Aquila found displeasing. She was slowly changing though, and as he had hoped, she was herself yet unaware of such a thing. This was better, of course, for manipulation was part of his way of life these days. It had failed with Sage, but Sage was already ruined by her father. Spoiled and filled of childish ideas she had never truly found her place within this clan. Through words alone, Myrika had shown herself not only capable of changing but of being willing to have herself molded. This made her perfectly malleable for his purposes—after all, had she not sought out the clan’s history on her own? Seeds had been planted not only by him, but by a bloodline she wore on her face and under a name that belonged to an aunt Ezekiel imagined dead.

The blonde man nodded at Kaena’s concerns, and motioned to the thick mare. “I ride Viggo with a pelt when it’s a long one; there’s a few on her I can lay out for you. Do you want to take anything before we go? I’m sure Enkiel wouldn’t mind giving us some herbs for the trip. As far as I remember, it’s a long way to Hell’s Coast.” His memory was not entirely accurate of course, given the fact he had been very very small during the time in which Inferni had first traveled across the mountain. There had been fire and smoke and his world was strange then, for a child who had not even crossed the entirety of the shore.

“Oh I’ll be fine. I have my own medicine. You just get me up on that horse of yours so we can leave,” the old woman said, shuffling down the steps. Ezekiel took the time to spread out a thick reindeer pelt, fur side up, and looped a rear-riding saddlebag over this to help hold it down.

“Let me help you up. She’s a big girl, but Oblek is the easiest horse to ride. If we travel quickly her pace is smooth, and she’s never given me any problems.” The old woman grunted at this, but she nodded and joined the golden hybrid next to his dark horse. Ezekiel was surprised by her weight; she was featherlight to him and easily hoisted up onto the horse with ease. “Just use your legs to hold on, and grab her mane otherwise. She’ll be tied to Viggo, so you won’t need to direct her or anything.”

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread