legacy
[html]

(300) Works for meeeee.

The journey was pleasant with the two women, and Ezekiel was equally pleased that their mounts did not seek to cause trouble. Despite his breed, Viggo was a hot-headed horse that tended to throw his weight around other males. When the spring came he was certain the herd dynamic would be interesting; but he was not entirely versed in the ways of horses and applied only what he knew as far as pack behavior to them. The fact he understood their language made such things easier, but he was still a stranger dealing with a culture not his own.

He therefore relied on Myrika, who as far as he was concerned, understood more about the ways of these animals than anyone else within the clan. The silvery coyote, Kastra, seemed to know her way around horses as well—perhaps this spring they could all learn more from each other. Ezekiel knew well enough how to break a beast, but when it came to anything beyond that, he was learning as he went.

The red-head spoke and Ezekiel flicked his ears back, sparing a glance to Kaena. He had not been present for much of what he imagined she sought, but the older woman nodded as if to let him speak first. Ezekiel shifted his weight on Viggo’s back and looked forward. “I didn’t spend a lot of time here,” he admitted. “But I can tell you what my father told me, if you want. How much do you know?” Certainly, some things needed to be covered; Dahlia’s attack and the beginning of that first war, and the madness that came soon after. Ezekiel could not speak of such things personally, but he had listened to the stories of his father and remembered them all as he held onto all things.

<style>
#zeke-raven {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#zeke-raven p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#zeke-raven p.zeke-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#zeke-raven .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#zeke-raven .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#zeke-raven b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#zeke-raven u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#zeke-raven b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread