legacy
[html]

(417) works for meeee

As it seemed, Kaena was the one who had the ability to narrow down the parentage of their tiny relative. Ezekiel frowned but did not comment on this. He had met Samael once since the sickness took him and found little there but madness—but he had been a boy defending his first boy’s love and blinded by such a thing. Siobhan was gone now, so what did it matter? He breathed out into the cold air and felt something stir within him, but it was faint and felt sick and old. Emotions had only served to make him into something he did not wish to be. The mask he wore could only hide him for so long.

Thus while Myrika’s words were pleasant, he felt a bitterness in his heart for the idea of rank and right to rule. Gabriel had been Inferni’s true leader, not his son; a cannibal ghost still lived in his belly and sought to ruin those who stood against him. Why else would he send them to almost certain death if not to test their loyalty? Paranoia had made him into a leader willing to bleed out his followers to see their true colors.

“My father appointed me because there was no one else,” he said finally, his voice flat. “Halo is a great fighter, but she lacks true discipline. She allows herself to be weak for fits of self-righteousness; Talitha was his second-in-command, but she was too cruel. My sister might not have looked it,” a faint and terrible smile crossed his face. “But she was some kind of monster. I see a lot of her in Halo these days,” he added. “I chose Sage because I saw potential in her…and I was wrong.”

Around them, the forest showed its true damage. Ezekiel thought hard about the fire and found he could not remember much; as a puppy he had been barely old enough to survive without his mother. There was smoke, and heat, but mostly he remembered his father’s voice and being carried through the mountain. “I can teach you to fight,” he added suddenly. “I can teach you to use a bow, too. But there’s a lot that you already know,” the Aquila went on, amber eyes brightening with something close to joy. “Tooth and claw and all that; heredity has something to do with it too.” This joke was accented by a glance to Kaena, though he was certain his belief in such ghosts was the truth.

<style>
#zeke-raven {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#zeke-raven p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#zeke-raven p.zeke-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#zeke-raven .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#zeke-raven .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#zeke-raven b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#zeke-raven u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#zeke-raven b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread